Medical MalpracticePrint Page
A Colorado Springs Injury Attorney Can Help With Your Medical Malpractice Case
Doctors take an oath promising to practice medicine honestly and to commit no harm, but not all physicians live up to that obligation. Despite their training and the trust placed on them by the public, doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers routinely make mistakes that put the lives of patients at risk. When healthcare providers act in an unreasonably careless way or fail to live up to their professional obligations, they can be found liable for medical malpractice.
Patients injured by medical malpractice and the family members of those who have been injured can take legal action against the healthcare provider who hurt them. The experienced Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys at Levine Law helps victims of medical malpractice recover the compensation they deserve.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take many forms and any behavior on the part of a healthcare provider that falls short of the provider’s professional obligation can lead to a malpractice claim. For example, claims for medical malpractice may arise when:
- A doctor fails to diagnose a patient with an illness despite obvious symptoms.
- A physician misdiagnoses a patient with the wrong medical condition.
- Lab test results are misread.
- Mistakes are made during surgery, including surgical tools left inside of patients or performing the wrong surgery.
- A doctor orders unnecessary procedures to improve his own profits.
- A care provider fails to order tests when symptoms indicate that testing is in order.
- A doctor operates on the wrong patient or the wrong body part.
- A hospital has unsanitary practices that lead to infection.
- A hospital is not careful in its hiring practices and hires staff that do not provide proper care.
- The wrong dose of medication is administered by a physician or healthcare professional.
- A doctor or care provider fails to obtain informed consent.
These are just a few examples of wrongful acts or omissions that could lead to a charge of medical malpractice. If you believe that a healthcare provider may have made a mistake that led to your injury, you should consult with an experienced Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer to determine if you have a claim.
Proving Medical Malpractice
To make a case for medical malpractice, you must demonstrate that the healthcare provider violated his duty of care to you as his patient and that you were injured by this negligence or mistake. It can often be challenging to prove that the health care provider was to blame, so you will need solid evidence to settle your case with the doctor or malpractice insurer, or to prove your claim in court.
At Levine Law, we will help you gather the evidence you need to prove your case, including expert testimony from witnesses who can explain to the court what the medical professional did wrong. With the help of an experienced attorney, you will have the best chance of proving your case and obtaining compensation for medical bills; lost income/wages; pain and suffering; emotional distress; and wrongful death.
To learn more about how a Colorado Springs personal injury lawyer can help with your medical malpractice case, give us a call or contact us online today.