Colorado Springs Catastrophic Injury LawyerPrint Page
Every injury can feel catastrophic when you are wading through the pain of recovery and the expense of medical treatment. However, some injuries can truly change your life forever. These life-altering injuries may leave you unable to care for yourself and perform the activities you once enjoyed. You may face a lifetime of pain, and even be dependent upon round-the-clock medical care.
Catastrophic injuries often occur as a result of accidents that could have been avoided. People can be careless or negligent, manufacturing dangerous products, driving unsafely or failing to maintain their properties. Sadly, such failures, oversights, reckless behavior and negligent errors can result in catastrophic accidents that drastically transform the lives of victims.
If you or a loved one has suffered a catastrophic injury due to an accident caused by the carelessness of another, you have certain legal rights. A Colorado Springs catastrophic injury attorney at Levine Law can outline your rights, and ensure those rights are enforced so that you receive fair compensation to help you manage your ongoing financial needs for the rest of your life.
Call us today at 719-471-3000, or contact us online to schedule your free consultation.
Filing a Catastrophic Injury Lawsuit in Colorado
Colorado law allows accident victims to file personal injury lawsuits against individuals, companies or entities responsible for causing harm. The amount of compensation you can recover in a personal injury claim will vary depending upon the seriousness of the injury and the facts of the case.
Because catastrophic injuries are the most serious of all non-fatal injuries, the compensation is often high in these cases. Not every attorney is comfortable handling these high-stakes cases, but the injury attorneys at Levine Law often put their two decades of experience to work ensuring that catastrophic injury victims are rightfully compensated.
Types of catastrophic injury claims we handle include:
- Paralysis/ Spinal cord injuries: Complete spinal cord injuries (SCI) and partial spinal cord injuries can result in loss of motion and loss of nerve sensation below the area where the injury occurred.
- Head injuries/traumatic brain injury: Head injuries range from concussion to coma and permanent brain damage. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a common brain injury resulting from trauma that can change your cognitive abilities and mood.
- Amputations: The loss of a limb can cause significant complications including phantom pain and impaired mobility. Treatment, including the use of a prosthetic limb, can be very expensive.
- Burns: Electrical burns, thermal burns, chemical burns and burns from fire are all possible outcomes of accidents. The severity of a burn injury is measured by degrees, with third, fourth, fifth and sixth degree burns being the most serious and potentially fatal.
- Internal injuries including organ damage: Internal bleeding and internal organ damage are dangerous because victims may not know immediately that they have suffered serious harm. Damage to internal organs and internal bleeding can both be fatal and/or can cause significant complications.
- Vision loss: Vision can be affected by losing an eye, but also by damage to the eye caused by chemicals, dust particles or other external forces.
- Hearing loss: Hearing loss can result in damage to the eardrum or to the nerves that make hearing possible.
All of these injuries are catastrophic because you never recover completely from the injuries. You should be compensated for the entire costs of medical care you will need to receive over your lifetime, as well as for any loss in income/wages due to your injuries for the remainder of your life. Additionally, you should be compensated for pain and suffering, emotional distress and other non-economic losses resulting from the permanent injury.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Catastrophic injury cases are high-stakes cases because it is imperative the injured receives sufficient compensation to meet their ongoing needs. At Levine Law, our accident attorneys have the knowledge, passion and experience to help you recover full and fair compensation for your catastrophic injury claim.
Give a Colorado Springs catastrophic injury lawyer at Levine Law a call at 719-471-3000 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help with your case.